To qualify as an adult leader with the Veterans Pride Battalion of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets, one must be:
• recommended for appointment by the Commanding Officer;
• 21 years or older and not have reached age 75, but those 18 – 21 may qualify for Midshipman status in the NSCC, and those over 75 may qualify for an age waiver;
• a citizen of the United States;
• Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contribution to the NSCC program;
• of good moral character and able to pass an annual Federal and State background checks.
If you have questions regarding enrollment as an NSCC/NLCC officer, please complete the contact form below and the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer will be in touch with you.
Adult Enrollment form can be found here: Adult Enrollment Form